Friday, September 30, 2005

Going back to the incident involving the person wearing wire-frame glasses who asked for directions to the men's bathroom and then dropped his pants before scurrying off, I overheard a discussion in my collegium between 4 female students. None of them were amused. In fact, some of them were quite angry.
Of course I understand the distress the faculty member who experienced the incident must have felt. I do sympathize profoundly. But was she physically attacked? No. Could she have been? The possibility is always present, but I would venture that the likelihood was in the very low percentages. She was in her office in the middle of campus, with the door probably open. This is not a setting that a vicious criminal would choose. The guy was just a streaking wacko.
I may be taking this too lightly, but I still think it is funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home