Thursday, September 22, 2005

(I am typing this at from a public place that was extremely crowded as early as 2 minutes ago, and I have just realized that I had forgotten to zip up after leaving the restroom. That happens way too often!)
My intelligent, effective husband has been shipped to New York for three days to help the Client with the Launch of the Product. In fact, this entails metaphorically rubbing the Client's Foot during times of stress more than doing actual work. But it is good to be on Foot-Rubbing Terms with the Client.
Yesterday evening I was on the phone with the said husband, who was staying in a jacuzzi-endowed hotel room in Albany. At the last status check, he had started to fill the tub and gotten in. Our conversation took the following turn:
Illy: "blah blah blah school blah blah recycling bins blah blah slimy classmate blah"
Husband: "Whoa!"
I: "What happened?"
H: "Oh, nothing."
I: "What is it?"
H: "Nothing... I think I'm just going to sit in the bath tub for a little bit."
I: (Plagued by visions of his testicles being sucked into the jacuzzi; yes, I know he would have sounded much more pained if that had been the case!) What HAPPENED?"
H: "You know, I thought I'd be expedient with the bath, so I only filled it with water past the first row (of jets)... And when I turned it on, one of the jets squirted water all the way across the room!"
I: (Starting to comprehend) "You only filled it past the first row of jets?"
H: "Yes."
I: "And then you turned it on?"
H: "...Yes."
I: (Starting to laugh) "But the jacuzzi sucks out water from the tub and then squirts it out through the jets! How did you think it works? "
H: Air, I thought it was air!
I: (Dying of laughter.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home