Thursday, June 17, 2004

I am on vacation and on the mini-pill, which contribute to a general sense of well-being. I should, in consequence, be willing to write as much as I am able.
A number of things have happened over the past few months, the most important of which I shall summarize below.
1. Adam's dad died. He had brain surgery in April to remove a brain tumor; the surgery was successful, but he developed a massive amount of clots and died of lung failure. I had never been involved in a person's death before, and the experience was distressing.
2. Adam started working. Bacon on the table!
3. I volunteered at First Place, a school for children from poor or homeless families. I tutored kids in Math and Composition, and realized that random tutoring sessions have no effect whatsoever.
4. I got my school mojo back! For the first time in 4 years, I am enjoying school and doing very well academically.
5. I have a nephew of sorts! Adam's brother Tal and his wife, Mirela, had a kid. He looks plump, dark and handsome.
6. I feel that I have become more discriminating and straightforward and less mechanically nice. Which I believe is a virtue. My physical strength and stamina have also improved a good deal.

I also have plans for this summer. They include:
1. Studying a bit of Math.
2. Developing an A.I. entity.
3. Going swimming regularly.
4. Taking a trip on my own for a few days.
5. Volunteering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home