Sunday, August 29, 2004

My left gluteus medius is hurting: on Friday Adam and I went on a delightful trip to the Olympic Peninsula. We stayed the night in Forks, at the Misty Valley Inn (which is nice and very well suited for poontang-related activities such as honeymoons and anniversaries, given the fact that it embodies the traditional idea of romance: seclusion in a spectacular location, ornate rooms and cuisine, a slightly overbearing hostess and two White Eskimo dogs) and then hiked for half the day Saturday at Hurricane Ridge. The hike was fantastic! We saw cool plants, quail and deer, which was great. We didn't see bears, which was also great. We might have pushed it a little bit, though, especially on the way back, so we are fairly beat up today. But it was worth it.I'm going to New York on Wednesday, and then on to Romania. I'll be back on the 21st. Since I'll be in New York for much of the Republican Convention, I expect I'll have interesting stories to tell, so I shall keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home